Closet Within a Box Project - Part 2

by - March 22, 2016

Next step is measuring the width of the box to the wooden dowel. With a pencil I marked the dowel were it needs to be cut.

Perfect fit! Time for some light sanding to smooth out any imperfections. I'm not too worried about the ends since its going to be covered by the beads anyways.


Sanding is done. Now its time to paint. The rod is going to be a nice antique white to match the color pallet of the box. I'm not going to bother painting the beads since they are black, and it's a nice contrast.


Two coats later the rod is finally done. For a nice aesthetic look, I took some rough grit sandpaper, and gently sanded the rod for a shabby chic look. 
Rod has been inserted in the box. I didn't bother gluing it in place. I want to be able to adjust the height anytime without damaging the box if it was glued in. Also, I cut it to be snug and secured without the need for gluing :3

Mei has a good head space without being too cramped in the box. 



Tomorrow I'm going to be working on hangers. 

You May Also Like

0 comments